Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Raining in York. What a surprise!

Today Mom brought Jack breakfast in his room, that's because he was still in his bed at 9:15, and breakfast ends at 9:30! Today we were thinking about walking around York, but since it was raining, we decided to drive to Scarborough instead.  On the way, we got to watch an impromptu get together!  Coming back, just minutes outside of our exit, there was a three car smashup. The ironic thing was, the most smashed up car was the one that was carrying the ad for the approved automobile body work shop!

  It is about 35 miles east of York, on the coast, people often go there to walk near the seashore, but we only went there to take pictures and come back. 



     On the way, we passed a huge humane pig farm! Each pig had their own small green Quonset hut, with a fenced yard (Today it was a stereotypical mud pit)


The green English countryside looks pretty, even in the rain.   

When we got back, we found a pony wandering around the side of the hotel! He looked like he wanted to talk to us!

It was a bit sunny here! Over to Mrs. Kay's for dinner, where it was delicious beef burgundy with suet dumplings, mashed potatoes and cabbage. After dinner there was cheese, grapes and biscuits. Mom was able to get one load of laundry finished. 

Jack and Dru found out where to get the lime green vests for Dad, so they will make a trip there tomorrow. Plus, the Viking Museum!  

1 comment:

  1. Dear Dru and Jack,
    "Awlright mate!" I must admit I am a teeny weeny bit envious of what you musketeers have been up to! My home country looks beautiful, even in the rain! I see you had fish and chips, and mushy peas. I then hear you have been to M& S because Ms. Kay is not happy with deserts from anywhere else. I also see photographs of an awesome Easter lunch. The delicate aroma of roast beef, roast pots, yorkshire pud, and cauliflower cheese wafted all the way to D.C.! Meanwhile, I am in the kitchen making Kraft Macaroni and Cheese for my children! Not fair! When I next go to England, I promise to taunt you with the same delights you have shared with us! All I ask for now is you take your next set of food photographs with a blurred lens! Enjoy!
    I love you, and God bless you.
    Shamim
    p.s. Dru- well done on the driving! If you ever want to apply for a Black Cabbie job in London, I will gladly oblige with a glowing reference!

    ReplyDelete